Dental Cleanings & Exams
Hoffman Estates Dentist
Regular exams are an important part of maintaining your oral health.
During your regular exam, we will: Check for any problems you may not see or feel. Look for cavities or other signs of tooth decay Inspect your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease.
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends dental visits at least twice per year. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health. At Brilliant Smiles Family Dental, our team consistently provides high-quality dental cleanings and thorough preventive exams.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning by our hygienist may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your teeth looking whiter and brighter.
- During your examination, we will also:
- Evaluate your overall oral health
- Discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- Check your bite and jaw for any issues
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations
- Take dental x-rays if necessary
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
Contact us to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.